The Official World Cup Thread

I thought about making it "shport" in general, but I really don't care about the others.

Moderator: aquaphase

Jan

Postby Jan » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:32 pm

In advance of tomorrow:

C'mon Paraguay!!

eebs

Postby eebs » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:29 pm

Jan

Postby Jan » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:16 pm

Hehe, I know plenty of "Sad Scots" then!

eebs

Postby eebs » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:08 pm

phew - the usually poor england start but at least we got a win after a dreadful second half. erikkson is a spork though, dreadful substitutions again.

Jan

Postby Jan » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:01 pm

phew - the usually poor england start but at least we got a win after a dreadful second half. erikkson is a spork though, dreadful substitutions again.
That was one shitty game. The Paraguay defence was well ropey to say the least!

Why did Sven take off Owen?! I thought Beckham was looking good, and so was Gerrard, but England will have to play alot better than that if they want to do well (semi finals) this time round.

eebs

Postby eebs » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:11 pm

well we're ready for the game....

now i better get on and do some housework before amy gets back from work...

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:01 pm

well we're ready for the game....
Too bad the team wasn't. That-sucked-ass. What the hell is Eddie Lewis doing out there? Or Donovan? It makes me sick to think that Eddie Johnson looked like our only hope for a goal.

roach

Postby roach » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:34 am

as much as i like beasley, I say pull the lazy fucker and put in the deuce. beasley was playing on a side he was not used to and playing in a formation the second half that had him playing like a right back, but come the fuck on, you're better than that. run. for fucks sake.
Image <--the deuce. I wanna see him dance.

and while we're at it, start eddie. I used to hate you eddie, but I think I was just mad at your toe. You need a nicer car and scoring in the cup is one way to that payday.

I wouldn't mind the loss if they had actually tried.

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:34 pm

My question is this, if Beasley was moved to the right side to reward Convey for his play, shouldn't that experiment end when both of them end up playing worse? Didn't this start months ago in the warm-up matches? Who is driving this bus?

roach

Postby roach » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:48 pm

I know some folk were playing out of their normal spot, beasley has played the right side at psv some, I just think you should still be able to make a clean pass or maybe control a pass to you with no problem when no one is around you. and when you are running at a defender, try something other than running right into them.
I want Johnson to start and I want Johnson to run. If I see that I'll be a little happier.

edit:i think beasley still thinks about having his leg smashed a couple years ago, he just seems scared these days. i can understand.

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:36 am

I would love to see a trail of flopping Italians leading right to the goal. I think I'll only really be dissappointed on Saturday if they tighten up under the pressure instead of laying on the gas.

By the way, where are we getting together for this thing? TH's prices and lack of good viewing angles are really starting to bother me.

roach

Postby roach » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:13 am

I would love to see a trail of flopping Italians leading right to the goal. I think I'll only really be dissappointed on Saturday if they tighten up under the pressure instead of laying on the gas.

By the way, where are we getting together for this thing? TH's prices and lack of good viewing angles are really starting to bother me.
THROW THE KITCHEN SINK AT THOSE FUCKERS!!

I'll probably watch it on my couch, I don't like watching games I care about around a bunch of folk. My giant 19"teevee would be a good place to watch the game if you're into that kind of thing. I have to work at 6pm, so I can't even drink my sorrow/joy.

roach

Postby roach » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:44 pm

I watched the US game again last night. I'm not as worried as I was.

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:13 pm

I suppose if Reyna's shot had gone in, the whole thing could have gone the other way. It sure felt like a landslide at the time.

Watching on a 19" TV at home is not acceptable. You scare the pets when you yell, for one. For a big event, I need at least 5 feet of HD glory and half a dozen people cheering and groaning with me. So, where are we getting together people?

roach

Postby roach » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:25 pm

I suppose if Reyna's shot had gone in, the whole thing could have gone the other way. It sure felt like a landslide at the time.

Watching on a 19" TV at home is not acceptable. You scare the pets when you yell, for one. For a big event, I need at least 5 feet of HD glory and half a dozen people cheering and groaning with me. So, where are we getting together people?
maybe barley house. they have a giant teevee. I believe they'll be open. there won't be too many people there. and they have those bitchin U shaped booths. I watched a game there last yeat at some point. It worked, the jackasses who came in after their softball victor. I fear that if I am stressed out in a bar I will be toasted by the time I make it to work. I am only working 4 hours and basically just letting the roughriders know they're on the air then taking them off the air when their game is off. the problem is I'll be here with a new employee and he is stilll under the impression that I'm a boss or something. I'll drink vodka.

Return to “Footie”