chelsea continue that whole buying a cup stuff

I thought about making it "shport" in general, but I really don't care about the others.

Moderator: aquaphase

roach

chelsea continue that whole buying a cup stuff

Postby roach » Mon May 15, 2006 8:42 pm

James

Postby James » Mon May 15, 2006 9:08 pm

He must have been PISSED at Bayern Munich.

It should be interesting to watch what Chelsea do. Because they will soon be entering the territory of teams like the Washington Redskins, Portland Trail Blazers, and New York Yankees: great on paper, but what have they done (before you say the Yanks won all those world series trophies, go back and notice it was before they started bringing in the big time free agents).

Sure, Ballack is one of the best players in the world. But I'm not convinced it will work with he and Lampard in the middle together. Bayern Munich was built around Ballack and Chelsea is built around Lampard. On paper, it looks like a coup, but how will it work?

Now they're after Shevchenko as well. That makes more sense.

And Shaun Wright-Phillips is on his way to Liverpool...

I think Craig Bellamy will be with Tottenham next year, so perhaps they'll finally break through and kick Arsenal down a peg...
pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1

eebs

Postby eebs » Tue May 16, 2006 5:47 am

i think arsenal will struggle if henry leaves, especially with bergkamp off this year. Ballack has been linked to a move for a year or so so not surprised, Chelsea have enough money to buy someone like that (or SWP) and not play them too much if it means that their rivals don't get them. The article says that he'll play rotational with essien, be interesting to see who can squeeze through a midfield of ballack, lampard etc.

Jan

Postby Jan » Tue May 16, 2006 10:12 pm

I think Makalele will be offski, so it will be essien, Ballack and Lampard in the midfield, with Essien playing a holding role.

lookout_kid

Postby lookout_kid » Wed May 17, 2006 12:57 am

I think Craig Bellamy will be with Tottenham next year, so perhaps they'll finally break through and kick Arsenal down a peg...
craig bellamy? nah i dont think thats going to happen they're after Dimitar Berbatov http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 761177.stm

Return to “Footie”