fantasy is back

I thought about making it "shport" in general, but I really don't care about the others.

Moderator: aquaphase

roach

fantasy is back

Postby roach » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:53 pm

It looks like MLS may not offer the fantasy option this year
http://fantasy.mlsnet.com/closed.asp
it’s a week before the first game, so there’s still time to set it up. I hear, offside rules says so I think, mlsnet is going through a total redo so this may be why it’s not up yet.
There’s this place
http://www.mfls.com/
they’ve been doing it for 15 years. Your starting XI and coach give you points, and you can have 8 on the bench.

I started a league here. It’s a bit/a lot different from MLS fantasy.
Our League Name: Greater Dallas Beer League
Password:beer

You may have to do a search for the league/division. Try this first
http://www.mfls.com/index.php?Page=forums&Did=66

send this to others to join our league. Go team!

And if mlsnet offers up the fantasy option again reckon I’ll start one there too.

Rules
Here's a brief overview of what you will need to create your team:
• Your name and address. You must use your real name, email and address at all times during MFLS. Failure to do so will result in the removal of your team.
• Your fantasy team's name. MFLS will not tolerate offensive team names. We may terminate your team, at our discretion.
• Your initial roster
• Don't worry about getting the perfect roster immediately. You may freely change your starters, coach and substitutes until the start of your first week of MFLS. Division selection/creation can wait until later to give you and your friends a chance to organize a division.
• 11 Starters: 1 Goalkeeper, 3 Defenders, 4 Midfielders, 3 Forwards
• 1 Coach: you can transfer your coach only TWICE mid season
• 8 Substitutes: any position combination
• STARTERS:
• You must select a complete starting lineup.
• The starting lineup must be in a 1-3-4-3 formation.
• You can select only 6 foreigners (designated by a '*', coaches are not considered foreigners regardless of their nationality) and 4 players/coach from any one MLS team (coaches do count toward the per MLS team limit).
• The salary is listed next to each player's name. The combined salary of the 11 starters and 8 substitutes (to be selected on the next page) must not exceed the salary cap of 2750. Be sure to leave enough salary room for your 8 substitutes and possibly some salary room for future player transfers.
• COACH
• You are actually selecting the coach of an MLS team. If the coach you select is replaced mid-season you will automatically receive his replacement.
• You can only transfer your coach TWICE after your first week of MFLS begins.
• SUBSTITUTES:
• You must select 8 players for your substitutes bench.
• You may select any combination of positions. However, the salary cap, MLS roster and foreigner limitations are still in place.
• The combined salary of the 11 starters plus 8 substitutes must not exceed the salary cap of 2750. You may want to select an initial lineup that is significantly below this cap to leave yourself room for future player transfers.

Here’s MLS schedule
http://web.mlsnet.com/mls/schedule/2010/

scoring
Statistic Points Awarded Explanation Goal Scored by Player +4 Penalty Kick Scored by Player +2 Assist by Player +3 Own Goal by Player -2 +Plus+ Goal Scored by Own Team +1 while player is in the game -Minus- Goal Scored Against the Player's Team -1 while player is in the game Yellow Card -1 Red Card/2nd Yellow -2 In addition to first yellow.* GK Keeps Clean Sheet For a Single Half +1 per Half GK Keeps Clean Sheet For a Full Game +3 In addition to +2 for the two clean halves. GK Saves +1 For each 4 saves in a game, 7 saves earns 1 point, while 8 saves earns 2 points. Defender's Team Holds Opponent Scoreless For a Half +1 per Half Forward's or Midfielder's Team is Shutout For a Full Game -1 Coach's team wins +3 Coach's team ties +1

Return to “Footie”