Sorry Eebs...

I thought about making it "shport" in general, but I really don't care about the others.

Moderator: aquaphase

James

Sorry Eebs...

Postby James » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:02 pm

Pompey goes bust

I doubt they will be the last. It seems the premiership is falling over on itself somewhat. This will seriously shake things up because their results get wiped I think, which could change the standings...
pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1

eebs

Re: Sorry Eebs...

Postby eebs » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:28 am

Best thing that could have happened to be honest - I'd hope that it will sort out the club but given that Gaydamek still owns all the land around the ground and the ground appears to be removed from the club's ownership I'd say that the future doesn't look good.

Fascinating read here -

http://www.fansonline.net/pompey-fans/a ... php?id=175

Showing the normal Pompey optimism in the face of adversity, I've already got a ticket for the Hull game in March. First time I've been to FP in a couple of years and that's only because of a reunion with some of the lads I grew up watching Pompey with - I'd rather watch a non-league game these days 'cos football rather than money is the motivating factor.

eebs

Re: Sorry Eebs...

Postby eebs » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:32 am

Results will still stand - it's only if a club is liquidated / withdraws from the competion or is kicked out that the records are wiped out. Pompey will get a 9 point deduction for going into admin.

Meanwhile back in the Conference, Chester have been booted out which shakes up the league positions. Salisbury lost 4 points from their games against them. Strangely yellow and red cards still count from those games, apparently as you can receive a card off the pitch as well as on it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 538236.stm

Return to “Footie”