more proof of quaranta's dive saturday vs fcd

I thought about making it "shport" in general, but I really don't care about the others.

Moderator: aquaphase

roach

more proof of quaranta's dive saturday vs fcd

Postby roach » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:51 pm

PK. Red Card. another tie.

it was a damned good dive though. from the refs angle it's almost believable.

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Re: more proof of quaranta's dive saturday vs fcd

Postby aquaphase » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:08 pm

even if it was legit, it sure as fuck didn't deserve a red.
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

roach

Postby roach » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:21 pm

even if it was legit, it sure as fuck didn't deserve a red.
it's that whole last defender from behind mumbojumbo. quaranta kind of apologized.
On the penalty kick he drew at Dallas.....

"I watched it [on video]. The thing about this is, running full speed and this guy is behind me, so anything he can do to throw me off. I couldn't finish it, so I am going down. I didn't dive. He clipped the back of my heel twice. I didn't dive -- I can promise you that. I have to start doing that more often -- making those runs and being more aggressive. It's something we talked about and something I am doing more comfortably in a four-back system. I have responsibility and the attacking is my strength. I've got to do it more."

eebs

Postby eebs » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:22 pm

watched it a few times and it does look like his heel gets clipped - around 7 seconds in. referees are in a no win situation until they introduce technology to cut it out.

i saw someone dive at a game once to win a penalty. the opposition decided to go for the self policing version and the next time he got the ball two players went in with two footed tackles on him (not the ball). Interesting take on the two strikes and out theory.... in the melee afterwards they got away with the tackles as the referee was more interested in sending off another player for headbutting someone.

katie

Postby katie » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:45 pm

i watched that a million times and i still don't see the heel clipping. like he said, he was fine until he realized he couldn't make the shot, then it was down like a sack of potatoes.
dread stuff

NEW ETSY NEW ETSY NEW ETSY

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

Return to “Footie”