SMU Mustangs

I thought about making it "shport" in general, but I really don't care about the others.

Moderator: aquaphase

eebs

SMU Mustangs

Postby eebs » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:50 pm

having a browse from some sporting events when we're in Texas (stars game on the 14th booked :D ) and noticed that SMU have a soccer team playing on the 7th (v Bradley) and 9th November (v Central Arkansas).

wouldn't mind catching a game - anyone seen them play before? and more importantly, is there a teabar :wink:

roach

Postby roach » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:06 pm

is a teabar anything like having to sneak liquor in under your coat? if so, then yes.

SMU is good every year, but they can never win the national championship. They
re ranked around 8 this year.

eebs

Postby eebs » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:28 am

is a teabar anything like having to sneak liquor in under your coat? if so, then yes.
hehe, not quite. most non league grounds we go to have a social club / bar with cheap booze but the real test is the service at the teabar - you can buy cold drinks / cups of tea or bovril and random snacks or hot food that are pretty cheap. at some clubs you even get a china mug for your drinks and there's usually some crazy old boy cracking jokes in the vicinity.

roach

Postby roach » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:45 am

hehe, not quite. most non league grounds we go to have a social club / bar with cheap booze but the real test is the service at the teabar - you can buy cold drinks / cups of tea or bovril and random snacks or hot food that are pretty cheap. at some clubs you even get a china mug for your drinks and there's usually some crazy old boy cracking jokes in the vicinity.
oh. smu is a college, the only college that was ever outed for doing what every other college does, buy football players. unfourtantly(spell check sucks when it knows where I'm going) governor Clements was pissing some mofos off...where I was I going. Long story short, the soccer team is pretty good. and no snacks.

Return to “Footie”