I might have just pooped myself a little

Music, movies, entertainment, etc. Because James wanted it (and seems like a pretty good idea)

Moderator: aquaphase

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

I might have just pooped myself a little

Postby aquaphase » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:45 am

Feb. 22 - Gypsy Tea Room (ballroom) - Sisters of Mercy

Now, unless Andrew pulls the shit he did back when they were putting together their previous "tour" (aka, cancelling after 1 bad show), I am so there it hurts.

I don't care if they are trying to do a "pop" thing now. I'll be screaming Lucretia and Ribbons at the top of my ever-gothy lungs.
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

James

Postby James » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:31 pm

OMK! You and Musick should get together and do each other's black lipstick.

*slightly jealous*
*goes to look for uk tour dates*
*sings '25 whores in the room next door' over and over, in my head*
*contemplates pulling out 'Floodland'*

mdmusick

Postby mdmusick » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:56 pm

OH SHIT. I'm definitely in for this one.

mdmusick

Postby mdmusick » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:16 pm

Tickets are $25... goddamn.

Ah well.

I remember reading in an interview somewhere that their sets consist of about half-new stuff and half-classics.

mdmusick

Postby mdmusick » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:10 pm

" It howls, it's grindingly beautiful, and it's heading your way: the Sisters machine thunders on through 2006, with new chrome and vintage attitude. It still comes from northern England, and it still sounds like supercharged industrial psychedelia. Only better. "The Sisters Of Mercy are ... a lean glittering groove machine for the new millennium""

Sounds.... interesting... hmm.

We'll find out tonight, I suppose.

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Postby aquaphase » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:41 pm

yeah. I haven't bought a ticket yet, but I'll probably grab one on the way home.

I really really need a hardcore show rather than a wussy goth show, however. Damn the Business for not coming until May.

roach

Postby roach » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:08 pm

Damn the Business for not coming until May.
i want to go!

ro"oye"ach

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Postby aquaphase » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:31 pm

Damn the Business for not coming until May.
i want to go!

ro"oye"ach
We'll have to go if I'm in town that day.

Fuck! I just shelled out $31.50 for the freaking Sisters tonight. They better be fucking good or I'm going to piss on Andrew.

roach

Postby roach » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:12 am

i need to buy my dinosaur jr ticket.

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Postby aquaphase » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:59 am

well, the show was pretty amazing. If you haven't heard of the Warlocks before, give them a shot. It was less gothy and more shoegazy, IMHO.

I've got about a gig of Sisters video that I need to figure out how to shrink down. The quality isn't the greatest, but I did manage to capture all of Ribbons (plus an extra song) and part of Dominion.

The house was full of vinyl and leather, and I'm pretty sure half the place would have dusted in the sunlight.

good times.

zenmomma

Postby zenmomma » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:29 am

well, the show was pretty amazing. If you haven't heard of the Warlocks before, give them a shot. It was less gothy and more shoegazy, IMHO.
Ooo WARLOCKS! I love me some Warlocks... I didn't realise you were going to see them too. I haven't seen them live yet. Must go check tour dates.

James

Postby James » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:01 am

I've got about a gig of Sisters video that I need to figure out how to shrink down. The quality isn't the greatest, but I did manage to capture all of Ribbons (plus an extra song) and part of Dominion.

The house was full of vinyl and leather, and I'm pretty sure half the place would have dusted in the sunlight.

good times.
Sounds like my kinda place.

I love "Ribbons"

INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flowers on the razor wire....sounds like a good name for a band...
pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1

mdmusick

Postby mdmusick » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:07 pm

Overall, I was impressed.... was definitely better than I'd anticipated it would be. The newer stuff actually sounded a lot like the older stuff but with a slightly stronger neo-industrial sorta feel to it, ie more intricate beats and a more direct "rock" approach. It complemented the older stuff quite well. Andrew was suprisingly on top of things and seemed pretty involved. The two guys that were trading off guitar/bass duties were young and energetic, which kept the intensity up throughout the set. Even the roadie-looking guy who I assumed was manning Doktor Avalanche in the far rear was getting into it. Definitely wasn't what a Sisters show might have been 20 years ago, obviously, but I sure as hell wasn't disappointed.

James

Postby James » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:49 pm

Overall, I was impressed.... was definitely better than I'd anticipated it would be. The newer stuff actually sounded a lot like the older stuff but with a slightly stronger neo-industrial sorta feel to it, ie more intricate beats and a more direct "rock" approach. It complemented the older stuff quite well. Andrew was suprisingly on top of things and seemed pretty involved. The two guys that were trading off guitar/bass duties were young and energetic, which kept the intensity up throughout the set. Even the roadie-looking guy who I assumed was manning Doktor Avalanche in the far rear was getting into it. Definitely wasn't what a Sisters show might have been 20 years ago, obviously, but I sure as hell wasn't disappointed.
Were you one of the ones in Vinyl and/or leather? Did you wear black lipstick like that Myspace photo?
pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1

monet2u

Postby monet2u » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:45 am

OMG that was the WORST show I've seen in AGES.. UGH

They weren't even fucking playing their own music live.

HORRIBLE!

Everyone was looking forward to it too and EVERYONE was disappointed.

Return to “Tuning Fork A440”