The Heavy

Music, movies, entertainment, etc. Because James wanted it (and seems like a pretty good idea)

Moderator: aquaphase

eebs

The Heavy

Postby eebs » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:03 pm

mulling over Saturday night's entertainment by checking out the line up on youtube and came across this bunch - looks like the Fleet Foxes aren't going to get a look in*

* subject to approval from mrs m.

Jan

Re: The Heavy

Postby Jan » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:03 pm

Good tunes, loving the garage rock.

Irock

Postby Irock » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:11 pm

Jason will love that second video - the whole thing is right up his alley - besides the song (which he'll dig) he'll love the hats, the old mics, the abandoned carnival setting...

Thanks!
"There are many fish in the sea, Maria. But you're the only one I want to mount over my fireplace." ~Walter Matthau

mere1975

Postby mere1975 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:02 am

I like the second song a lot (kind of sounds like "I Put a Spell on You") but all I can think is. . . man, that microphone must smell like cigarettes and the chili dog he bought for lunch on the boardwalk.

- Mere "ga-rosssss" 1975

"You'll have to wait until my cameo in the next season for confirmation" - eebs
"I'm one of my favorite things!" - irock

Irock

Postby Irock » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:38 pm

that microphone must smell like cigarettes and the chili dog he bought for lunch on the boardwalk.
Ha, I thought that too. J said the 2nd song actually has a Tom Wait's lyric in the bridge, though I wouldn't have recognised it.
"There are many fish in the sea, Maria. But you're the only one I want to mount over my fireplace." ~Walter Matthau

roach

Postby roach » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:26 pm

i like this.

eebs

Postby eebs » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:20 am

Saw the first half of their set before heading back to the big top to watch josh p. Crowd started off as arms folded, ended up with a near full tent bouncing up and down throwing some hip hop moves in for good measure - real mix of styles but went down a treat.

No chance of seeing Fleet Foxes and this - reports of 1000 people outside the garden stage who couldn't get in to see fleet foxes as the lawn was at capacity before they started. No real surprise there I guess, josh p. cracked a few gags in his soundcheck asking the few in the big top what they were doing there coming to see him instead (400,000 records sales v 0 record sales... does kind of help having a record out though :twisted: )

Return to “Tuning Fork A440”