The aftermath of Good Records' 2009 anniversary party

Music, movies, entertainment, etc. Because James wanted it (and seems like a pretty good idea)

Moderator: aquaphase

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

The aftermath of Good Records' 2009 anniversary party

Postby aquaphase » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:14 am

A fascinating read.

Even better are the comments. I do, however, feel pretty bad for CP. His comments on next year's show pretty much have him screwed up and down.

Ready for the Good Riots of 2010?

(still haven't been to the store)
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

roach

Re: The aftermath of Good Records' 2009 anniversary party

Postby roach » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:51 am

it was a great fucking party. we had a good time, heard some good music. drank some beers. one day i'll have pictures up.

remind me to tell you about the conversation I had with that wonder man avi. whaddadwoll.

monet2u

Postby monet2u » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:54 pm

isn't that the sign of a good party when the cops come and shut you down?

katie

Postby katie » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:39 pm

i don't really understand how people can be so fucking cranky, or how two people complaining can shut down an event hundreds of people are attending. if i called the cops bitching about how this nonsense was handled, would my complaint count for anything?

also: you live in a CITY, guys. you want peace and quiet and birds chirping? move to the suburbs! that's what the suburbs are for. the city is for bars and activity and loud noise and community. and after all, isn't that a huge chunk of what this good records party was about (on part of the attendees, anyway)? i saw a lot of my friends, talked to people in my community i'd never met before, and heard some damn good music while doing so. you call for a noise complaint in any other city, you get laughed at. noise is a part of the landscape. but apparently, dallas is just masquerading as a city, and one complaint from a sound engineer ruins it for everyone.

i hear gunshots from my apartment at least a few times a week. you'd think the dallas police force had more important things to worry about than turning off the kids' music.
dread stuff

NEW ETSY NEW ETSY NEW ETSY

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

James

Postby James » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:29 pm

i don't really understand how people can be so fucking cranky, or how two people complaining can shut down an event hundreds of people are attending. if i called the cops bitching about how this nonsense was handled, would my complaint count for anything?
Welcome to Dallas, Katie.
also: you live in a CITY, guys. you want peace and quiet and birds chirping? move to the suburbs! that's what the suburbs are for. the city is for bars and activity and loud noise and community. and after all, isn't that a huge chunk of what this good records party was about (on part of the attendees, anyway)? i saw a lot of my friends, talked to people in my community i'd never met before, and heard some damn good music while doing so. you call for a noise complaint in any other city, you get laughed at. noise is a part of the landscape. but apparently, dallas is just masquerading as a city, and one complaint from a sound engineer ruins it for everyone.
You hit the nail on the head here. Any other city it would be a universally celebrated event. In Dallas it's a call to war. Part of the problem is that people that live in the city actually have no business living in a city. But you have to realise that Dallas really isn't a city. It's a large (very large) conglomeration of neighbourhood associations that are hell bent on not having anything in their backyard. The ever-dwindling artist community gets followed by developers who suck the soul out of the place, and the artists move on...usually to another city...they are then replaced by the next generation of artists and the story repeats. Replace Greenville Avenue with Deep Ellum, this club for that club and it's the same fight year in year out.

It speaks of a much larger problem of isolation and racism that is incredibly indicative of Dallas and goes right to the top (which, if you read the report of that DPD officer getting chastised by the Chief of Police and apologising to the NFL player whose name I can't remember, you'd know why I'm stunned and amazed at that...never would have happened 5 years ago, much less 50).
i hear gunshots from my apartment at least a few times a week. you'd think the dallas police force had more important things to worry about than turning off the kids' music.
Nope. After all it's probably devil music and there's church the next day...
pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1

Rubbs

Postby Rubbs » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:15 pm

pshh.....They live for this stuff.
I like connecting things.

Return to “Tuning Fork A440”