W. - Teaser

Music, movies, entertainment, etc. Because James wanted it (and seems like a pretty good idea)

Moderator: aquaphase

roach

W. - Teaser

Postby roach » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:34 pm

Rubbs

Postby Rubbs » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:37 pm

One more reason I can't wait until the fall.
I like connecting things.

ifihadahifi

Postby ifihadahifi » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:25 pm

I'll bet dollars to donuts there is as much spin and untruth in this film as there has been in the current administration.

I'm no fan of Bush.
But I'm no fan of Stone either.

Jan

Postby Jan » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:03 pm

Hmm, I doubt there will be any surprise plot twists.

Jan "hopes there are flying space badgers in it" Deal

Rubbs

Postby Rubbs » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:29 pm

Sure....pure enertainment.
I like connecting things.

sam
The Don

Postby sam » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:46 am

I'll bet dollars to donuts there is as much spin and untruth in this film as there has been in the current administration.
Except this is a movie.

Even if the facts are totally out of whack, I've always felt like I don't fundamentally understand who this guy is. My highest hope for this would be to get some insight into that. If not, I'm sure it'll be something to talk about.

ifihadahifi

Postby ifihadahifi » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:57 pm

Except this is a movie.
Yeah. Even though I said it, there's no way this film will be equal to the fuck ups and lies in Bush's administration.

But this is more than a movie in the way that JFK or Platoon were more than movies. Stone is notorious for playing fast and loose with facts to get his own wacked out story across. I don't even know if he believes half the stuff he slops together. Perhaps he figures it's okay to "dramatize" to make it more entertaining.

But think of all the folks that saw JFK and took the conspiracy theory as credible. Even conspiracy theorists considered it shit when it came out.

Bush has done enough to fuck up his own legacy. I don't think he'll need any help from Stone to get that across. But Stone will again speculate and create to fill in gaps and *poof* the masses will run with it and it'll be the asterik on Bush's biography.

That being said, I'll probably still go see it.

-hi"teamtarantino"fi

Return to “Tuning Fork A440”