thank you houston! tip your waitress!

Music, movies, entertainment, etc. Because James wanted it (and seems like a pretty good idea)

Moderator: aquaphase

roach

thank you houston! tip your waitress!

Postby roach » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:37 am

Irock

Postby Irock » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:54 pm

I can't get worked up about this. He's dumb, he's making a dumb joke about stuff he's too dumb to understand and was too dumb to prevent. Though it was kind of dumb that he did it in what looks like a formal speaking engagement and was all, "hee hee, I got them to turn off the cameras so this will NEVER GET OUT." But not as dumb as the fact that he apparently thought this was a really clever little gem that he just had to share ("hey Laura, I thought up a METAPHOR!"). And not as dumb as that little song he cooked up for some press dinner and expected THAT not to get out.

Ug.

Or is the point of the clip that he's moving to Dallas? Or how nice it is for him that this little housing crisis - oops! I mean CREDIT CRUNCH, sorry folks, there's no "housing crisis" - has driven down prices just as he's looking to buy a piece of property?
"There are many fish in the sea, Maria. But you're the only one I want to mount over my fireplace." ~Walter Matthau

roach

Postby roach » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:52 pm

the reason I posted it because it was very strange and odd and other things that mean that kind of stuff to see our president acting like a stand up comedian working a room.

also, watched zeitgeist again yesterday and was reminded we have/had a dick cheney. has anyone seen him? i can't remember the last time I've seen/heard him speak for the administration.

James

Postby James » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:30 pm

also, watched zeitgeist again yesterday and was reminded we have/had a dick cheney. has anyone seen him? i can't remember the last time I've seen/heard him speak for the administration.
Al Jazeera is reporting on the possibility that he's actually dead, and has been for at least two years now...no new tapes of him have surfaced lately, but still, it's not the infidel himself, but what he stands for....
pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1

roach

Postby roach » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:33 pm

it's not the infidel himself, but what he stands for....

Irock

Postby Irock » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:25 am

See, I think he actually *should* have been a stand up. I'm not convinced that he actually isn't, and this whole "leader of the free world" thing isn't just a set up. Like when Andy Kaufman had cancer. The first time. Except it's the whole country, and it's more like the second time, cuz it's not fake.
"There are many fish in the sea, Maria. But you're the only one I want to mount over my fireplace." ~Walter Matthau

Return to “Tuning Fork A440”