The Spree

Music, movies, entertainment, etc. Because James wanted it (and seems like a pretty good idea)

Moderator: aquaphase

monet2u

The Spree

Postby monet2u » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:11 pm

So after quite a long time I finally saw the band again last night. They played the Fillmore for Halloween. Now usually we get The Cramps, but at least it was better than the Warfield show (sound tribe sector 9...LAME).

Anyway, I actually really enjoyed the show. I can't say I felt the way I did back in the day seeing them live, but since I'd sort of fallen off the wagon with them I was surprised how much I was really intfo seeing them. The show was great and Tim worked the crowd up into a sweaty frenzy.

The kicker was when they came out for their set...they were in, get this....wait for it, wait for it....STREET CLOTHES. :lol: I actually thought that was brilliant...the entire band was in costume for halloween (first time in 7 years). pretty cool. They eventually came back out in their white robes for encore (thru the crowd as usual).

They did a great job of playing old and newer songs, the band seemed pretty tight (lots of new faces...some kind of cute!), and Tim really gave it everything. He even announced early on that he would give $50 to the best scariest bar napkin. So people jotted things down all night and passed them up to the stage. He read them at the end and chose one (I left during the reading so not sure who won).

Anyhoo. All in all it was a good night. :D

Irock

Postby Irock » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:38 pm

I'd see em again, I like bouncing.

Just don't wanna pay for it :/
"There are many fish in the sea, Maria. But you're the only one I want to mount over my fireplace." ~Walter Matthau

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Postby aquaphase » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:05 pm

Well, we found out from a little birdy that Tim is obsessed with the hate-mongering that us Forkers generate, so I'd watch out for him ;)
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

katie

Postby katie » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:54 pm

Well, we found out from a little birdy that Tim is obsessed with the hate-mongering that us Forkers generate, so I'd watch out for him ;)
haaaa. haters.
dread stuff

NEW ETSY NEW ETSY NEW ETSY

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

monet2u

Postby monet2u » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:08 pm

Sunny, yes the bouncing was nice...hard on my very sore knees (today) but fun while I was doing it.

Justin, Tim actually spotted me up front and remembered me (from their last show at bimbos where were we were dancing together) with some some direct singing and such throughout the night. He seemed fine. :wink: :lol:

of course he may or may not realize I'm a forker and so hasn't made the connection. :lol: Anyway, we're not haters over here...not really.

katie

Postby katie » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:14 pm

of course he may or may not realize I'm a forker and so hasn't made the connection. :lol: Anyway, we're not haters over here...not really.
NO! WE ARE THE EVIL FORUM!!!
dread stuff

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

Jan

Postby Jan » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:37 pm

NO! WE ARE THE EVIL FORUM!!!
*indulges in EVIL FORUM behaviour*

*kicks babies*

*smokes*

Sybil

Postby Sybil » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:51 pm

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALOOONNNGGG??

Sy "seriously" bil
Are you on the list?

Jan

Postby Jan » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:58 pm

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALOOONNNGGG??

Sy "seriously" bil
Don't oppress me you fascist.

monet2u

Postby monet2u » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:08 pm

Somehow it's really hard to feel evil even while drinking and smoking when watching the spree. :lol:

Irock

Postby Irock » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:11 pm

I actually love the fact that Forkers bug him. It's perfect for someone so ostensibly focused on positivity. I heart irony.

i "see, if I were a hater that last word woulda been hypocracy." rock
"There are many fish in the sea, Maria. But you're the only one I want to mount over my fireplace." ~Walter Matthau

Sybil

Postby Sybil » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:18 pm

And if I were a hater, I would correct your spelling.

Sy "hypocrisy" bil

p.s. oh dear, I quit taking my hormones and it's making me cranky...and a fascist apparently.
Are you on the list?

monet2u

Postby monet2u » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:34 pm

poor sybil. try soy pills supposedly it works like the hormones and helps with fascist attitudes as well. :wink:

everyone at the show last nite was having a good time, happy to be there. even a couple of my friends that I turned onto the spree who were working came down to shake it for a bit on their breaks. the band puts on a good show, you just can deny it. they really get everyone up and moving and that's not easy for an american audience that just like to bop their heads while standing still. so kudos to the band for pulling out all the stops every single time.

I was trying to count the number of shows I've seen...and it's like 11 times and honestly last night was as good as any. even tho I don't have the same feeling I used to when watching them (that euphoric feeling), I still really enjoyed myself because they're great performers..

katie

Postby katie » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:40 pm

I was trying to count the number of shows I've seen...and it's like 11 times and honestly last night was as good as any. even tho I don't have the same feeling I used to when watching them (that euphoric feeling), I still really enjoyed myself because they're great performers..
that's cool to hear. they're never coming to boston again (i believe they've only played like 3 shows there total), so it's sort of irrelevant for me. lame.
dread stuff

James

Postby James » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:17 pm

The live show will always be there, because it's a band full of (mostly) schooled musicians fronted by a showman. It's a great combination. As many new faces as there are though, I think that actually helps. Because there's nothing like that feeling you get when you step in front of an audience like that for the first time. Especially when you've been a schooled musician playing concerts in front of half to 3/4 empty halls to your parents and siblings dragged along that didn't want to be there...you get the idea. It's incredibly energizing to suddenly be playing to people who are into it, and getting to be a little crazy in the process.

Anyway, the point's been made.
pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1 pedals1

Return to “Tuning Fork A440”