Guillemots

Music, movies, entertainment, etc. Because James wanted it (and seems like a pretty good idea)

Moderator: aquaphase

zenmomma

Guillemots

Postby zenmomma » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:20 am

The second song on myspace called "We're Here" reminds me of something and I can't figure it out. I thought it was Suede, but now I don't think so.

www.myspace.com/guillemotsmusic

Any britpop luvvas out there please have a listen and tell me what you think it sounds like.

zen "bugged about it" momma

monet2u

Postby monet2u » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:36 am

I dig this band. Oh yes!

I'll have to listen to that song and see if I catch anything...I'll report back.
Last edited by monet2u on Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zenmomma

Postby zenmomma » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:42 am

I did this band. Oh yes!
Did you mean "dig" this band? :oops:

Let me know if you did catch anything... the opening gives me this weird deja vu feeling everytime I listen to it and I can't quite figure out why.

We're going to see them on Friday. Lookin' forward to it.

monet2u

Postby monet2u » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:52 pm

I did this band. Oh yes!
Did you mean "dig" this band? :oops:

Let me know if you did catch anything... the opening gives me this weird deja vu feeling everytime I listen to it and I can't quite figure out why.

of course not.... :twisted:

I mean yes. :oops: :lol:

monet2u

Postby monet2u » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:02 pm

I did this band. Oh yes!

That opening reminds of the Verve?? a bit. Yeah those strings remind of Bittersweet Symphony ...I think.

This is my first listen of the new stuff....just have the last album. It's sounds good, have to get the new one.

zenmomma

Postby zenmomma » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:24 pm

Do you have "I Saw Such Things in My Sleep" ??

If you do, could we arrange a trade of sorts?

We saw them on Friday and OMMFK they were amazing. It was such a mix of beautiful epic songs, delicate solos with casio keyboard and really crazy shouty improvised songs. I particularly liked it when the guitar player pulled out the cordless drill, started it up and had it hovering over the strings, moving it close and then away + effects pedals = !!!

We just got tickets to see them again a few weeks down in Portsmouth.

Part of the time, the lead singer's vocals reminded me of Ben Kweller... not sure why... maybe the inflection and tone of his voice... also his crazy hair/beard and the way he threw his head around reminded me of one Roy Ivy.

Anyhow... big recommendation from me. :D

Return to “Tuning Fork A440”