Cars That Make People Smile

If it looks like a fork and it quacks like a fork...

Moderator: aquaphase

mere1975

Cars That Make People Smile

Postby mere1975 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:52 pm

I have noticed in the past 10,000 miles that strangers are friendlier to me in my Mini than in any other car I have driven.

Are there other cars that have that effect?

I was thinking probably:
* Mini Coopers
* Volkswagens
* Jeeps
* antique cars

. . . and perhaps hybrids? I know that in general, I like people more who drive hybrids than Hummers.

- Mere "got waved at twice this morning" 1975

"You'll have to wait until my cameo in the next season for confirmation" - eebs
"I'm one of my favorite things!" - irock

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Postby aquaphase » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:03 pm

I think the mini takes the cake with that one. Pretty much, mini owners stole all the attention that folks who drive the new Beetle had.

The thing to watch out for are the non-SUV/Truck cars that make people angry. The PT Cruiser is at the top of my list in that regard.
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

Irock

Postby Irock » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:33 pm

There are three Minis in my new building. That makes me happy.

One's just like Mere's. And there's another pepper white / black roof Mini that works off Highpoint and Corporate.

NerfHerder

Postby NerfHerder » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:59 pm

The thing to watch out for are the non-SUV/Truck cars that make people angry. The PT Cruiser is at the top of my list in that regard.
Especially the Woody PT Cruisers.

They make me so mad, what with their panelling and such.

roach

Postby roach » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:07 pm

when I drove my little smurf blue bug people were really cool to me, waving or honking. some times i got yelled at because the radio was loud, though. I ran out of gas ALOT and people always picked me up and gave me a ride to the gas station.
i don't like the new beetle. they make me uncomfortable.

kip

Postby kip » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:53 pm

No Shit! I work with a couple people who think it's funny to refer to my Mini as a PT Cruiser...just cause they know it bugs me...fuckers!

K "hate those PT Crusiers that have flames painted on the side even though it could most likely be beaten by a Honda Civic!" ip

roach

Postby roach » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:04 pm

No Shit! I work with a couple people who think it's funny to refer to my Mini as a PT Cruiser...just cause they know it bugs me...fuckers!

K "hate those PT Crusiers that have flames painted on the side even though it could most likely be beaten by a Honda Civic!" ip
I was all excited when those cruisers came out because they looked like they should have some fucking muscle. Went to this test drive thing where they had a quarter mile straight away set up. I punch it and it just trickled down the track. I asked the guy if he was fucking kidding me, my parents dynasty could blow the doors off that thing. it was a sad sad quarter mile. I did get to take a minivan down the track, so it was a good day.

Dutch

Postby Dutch » Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:03 am

Hondas make me happy. I love all Hondas and Honda drivers.

Seriously.

shen

Postby shen » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:32 am

even before i owned one, geo trackers (in good condition!) made me smile! and then i ended up with one. they're the happiest little cars. i hate how so many are driven by jerks that cant take care of them.

i get the most smiles when i'm in my dad's 67 spitfire...

but i personally treat motorcyclists better than cars.
Now I've seen a blue beginning
And I've seen a blue 'the end'
Set the scene for seaward swimming
Dim the stage again

ree-ree

Postby ree-ree » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:00 am

but i personally treat motorcyclists better than cars.
I'm the same only because one flew into our windshield once (he was okay) and I never want to be a part of that again.
We had a VW flower power van as a kid and that got lots of waves. (and evil stares from the Nixon crowd.)

Return to “Slapdash Incongruities”