RIP Steve Irwin

If it looks like a fork and it quacks like a fork...

Moderator: aquaphase

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

RIP Steve Irwin

Postby aquaphase » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:09 am

"crikey, what do these stingrays do?"

AIIIIGgggghhha-----aaaaaaaa......

yeah.
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

ifihadahifi

Postby ifihadahifi » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:50 pm

Man, my son is upset about this.
His list of heros begins like this: Jane Goodall, Steve Erwin....

froggorino

Postby froggorino » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:29 pm

i just found out this morning. tell gibbon that i cried, and that he was one of my heroes, too. to the max.

i feel like i just lost my brother. or maybe more like my cool and adventurous uncle. or someone like that.

EDIT: i just told sebastian and we both started crying again. snapshot of my family.

Phyllis

Postby Phyllis » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:49 pm

this fucking sucks to the extreme. seriously man. i wake up and then everyone is like STEVE IRWIN DIED. ;((((((((((((((((( sucky first thing to hear in the morning.
n_n

NerfHerder

Postby NerfHerder » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:14 pm

He was one of the celebrities I actually liked. But i mean, you had to know this was how the guy would die. It was just a question of when.

Phyllis

Postby Phyllis » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:49 pm

it was just a matter of time before a sting ray stung him in the heart?
n_n

froggorino

Postby froggorino » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:09 pm

He was one of the celebrities I actually liked. But i mean, you had to know this was how the guy would die. It was just a question of when.
on the contrary in this camp. to me he always seemed invulnerable. like a wilderness superhero, mixed in with dr, dolittle. like the animals all knew that he was totally on their side, and so he was intrinsically protected. or something.

NerfHerder

Postby NerfHerder » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:58 pm

But what about all the times that a croc snapped at him? Or when seemingly docile snakes tried to bite him? The guy rarely got bit, but he dodged about a million close calls.

The guy was a modern-day cowboy. Lived by the gun and died by it.

aquaphase
Gabel Gabel Hey!

Postby aquaphase » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:45 pm

But what about all the times that a croc snapped at him? Or when seemingly docile snakes tried to bite him? The guy rarely got bit, but he dodged about a million close calls.

The guy was a modern-day cowboy. Lived by the gun and died by it.
rarely got bit?!?!?! I must have watched at least a dozen snakes chomp on him. And I didn't even watch his show very often.

My australian friends complain that he overdid his accent all the time to appeal to US audiences.
ImageDepositum Custody | not with that face

froggorino

Postby froggorino » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:13 am

maybe he was just country.

Irock

Postby Irock » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:19 am

on the contrary in this camp. to me he always seemed invulnerable. like a wilderness superhero, mixed in with dr, dolittle. like the animals all knew that he was totally on their side, and so he was intrinsically protected. or something.
That's what Grisly Man thought too. And he got eaten. By a bear. On camera.

...Then again, maybe Steve was different. Maybe the stingray that got him was like, "dude, I totally thought that was a jellyfish!" The other stingrays aren't talking to him anymore.

i "Thanks a lot Herb, you ASS." rock

katie

Postby katie » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:38 am

am i the only one who didn't like this guy? i'm sorry for his death but to me it wasn't devastating. i'm sadder that he had two young kids who now don't have a dad because he liked to take stupid risks.
dread stuff

NEW ETSY NEW ETSY NEW ETSY

[But if I cross paths with him on Farm Town I'll harvest the fuck out of his trees and not even say thank you.] -jimbo.

rockfan

Postby rockfan » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:55 am

i'm sorry for his death but to me it wasn't devastating. i'm sadder that he had two young kids who now don't have a dad because he liked to take stupid risks.
I'm with you on that. I know the kids will have trouble recovering after their Dad died while playing superhero. I hope he had good life insurance or some of that pay saved up for their future.

Whether Steve's wife (Teri?) will carry on the show or not will depend on how she recovers and if her and Steve ever discussed it.

stephen

Postby stephen » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:22 am

i remember when i watched that episode when that snake spat poison at him like 10 times in the face. the first time it did it to him i thought "kick the bastard thing in the face" and he didn't because he's kind.
does anyone remember the rumour that he was shot in the head by poachers because he jumped infront of a crocodile to save it?

Dogatron

Postby Dogatron » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:44 pm

am i the only one who didn't like this guy? i'm sorry for his death but to me it wasn't devastating. i'm sadder that he had two young kids who now don't have a dad because he liked to take stupid risks.
stupid risks? the guy died doing what he was born to do and thats more than what alot of people including myself could say if they died today...

"well, you'll have to learn; your life depends on it."
"But what if I can't?"
"Then you'll die in the midst of trying to realize your Personal Legend. That's a lot better than dying like millions of other people, who never even knew what their Personal Legends were."
The best things in life are truely free
Singing birds and laughing bees
You got me wrongs says he
The sun don't shine in your TV

Return to “Slapdash Incongruities”